Monday, 3 August 2009

An Amsterdam Wedding and a Book

A hot summer's day in Amsterdam. An historic house by the canal. Balloons, cocktail dresses, champagne, smiles and the click-click-clicking of cameras. The beaming couple arrive on bikes, sunflowers attached to their handlebars. 'Yes, I'll marry you, you're the love of my life!' Applause, hugs, kisses, a luscious six-tiered cake with summer berries.
And... a personalized Paperfection gift book, hand-painted with the Trinité font and bound Coptic style. I hope I succeeded in making it more of a guy book than a girly journal by leaving out beads and frills and keeping it simple.
The wine, Luscinia Canta, by the way, is a blend of merlot and cabernet sauvignon. It was made with loving care too, by my own sweetheart, in the Catalan Pyrenees.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, so beautiful!!

    Enjoy your days in the Pyrenees! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely story! I'm sure your notebook is loved dearly too, it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh nou mis ik die sfeer; zo Hollands ! Ik vind je boek heel mooi en heel passend !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful album..!!!...Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful & I love the mosaic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog...your work is beautiful also...looks like a great wedding. I flew to Amsterdam but did not get to look around...I caught a train to Nijmegen...beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all of you!
    Thanks Sassy, and you have a reason to go back! I live abroad now, but immensely enjoyed being in Amsterdam again for a day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful wedding pics and your book is simply gorgeous! Would love to have one just like this one myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice works, compliments! Italo.

    ReplyDelete

Locations of visitors to this page